Thursday, December 07, 2006

fire safety christmas campaign

Today i visited with the Mayor the Wrexham fire station to launch the christmas fire safety campaign.
We were told that during the night there had been a serious fire in the stair well of a block of flats at Bryn Hafod Caia Park.
we were told by fire officers that the cause of the fire was a old sofa being left in the stair well, awaiting disposal . Some one then decided to set light to this sofa.There were twelve people living in the six flats and fortunately there were no serious injuries or deaths due to the existing smoke alarms and the response of the fire service to rescue those in the flats.